Today I submitted my milestone 3 for WEB601. This blog will contain a brief summary of the web work I have completed in the last few days leading up to submitting this milestone.
Animation: I have implemented a image link animation that is triggered when the user loads the home page. This image starts on the left hand side of the home page and it slides over to the right hand side.
Form Validation: I have implemented the required attribute on all of the input fields in my competition form, additionally to implement the client side validation I have placed regular expressions on the classroom name, and school telephone number. I have put the input type of email onto the school pupil email address and the input type of text for the school name (note: I did have a regular expression on the school name input field to make sure no school name with only one character was implemented. However this regular expression would not allow me to enter a school name of more than one word, which is clearly not useful as virtually all school names will be at least 2 words e.g. Nayland College, and so I decided to stick with just having the HTML5 input type of text).
Documentation: I updated my information architecture analysis adding analysis for the creation of the animation and creating an updated milestone 3 architectural blueprint (which now includes the animation on the home page, the competition form page and the thankyou form page).
Additionally I wrote about the process I went through to implement PHP subclasses to my template and controller (which was recommended by Todd in my milestone 2 feedback), implementing the animation and the client side validation. So I feel that I have comprehensively updated my documentation.